Electric charging points
Gatwick is working towards the goal of reducing carbon emissions by 50% before 2020.
To help towards our goal and to support greener methods of transport, we've installed eight charging points for electric vehicles. All of these are located in our short stay car parks where you can re-charge your vehicle free of charge and stay free for up to four hours*.
How to use the charging points
It's very easy:
- Download the POD Point Open Charge app and register for a free account – it only takes a few seconds.
- Roll up, take your parking ticket and plug in your vehicle at one of our eight charging points. These are located in car park 3 (orange car park), level 1 in the South Terminal and in car park 5, level 3 in the North Terminal.
- Use the Open Charge app to find the correct charging point and confirm your charge within 15 minutes.
- Please go to the customer services office before you exit the car park. Show the Open Charge app and your car park ticket then drive away!
- You can check live availability of our charging points with POD Point, but no pre-booking is necessary.
* Parking is only free for four hours, after that time the rate will be charged at the normal hourly rate.