At Gatwick we're dedicated to shaping the future of world travel and delivering the highest possible standards.
Our engineers work round the clock, 365 days a year and are essential to the smooth running of the airport. This means having a well trained, motivated team of technicians to ensure the equipment at our airport is safe, reliable and works when it should!
Watch an engineering apprentice in action
Hear first-hand what it takes to maintain and service all areas of the airport from Dan Poat, our fourth year engineering apprentice.
About our programme
We run a four year engineering apprenticeship programme which offers you the chance to earn while you train and get a nationally recognised qualification at the end of the course. If you're the type of person who can:
- Attend college regularly, work hard and ensure you assessments are completed to the highest standards
- Work as part of a team
- Take personal responsibility for working safely and follow the company's health and safety policies at all time
- Be flexible and helpful
- Maintain high professional standards at all time
Here's our criteria for applying to be an apprentice. You'll need to:
- Have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade C or above in English, maths, science and a technical subject
- Be interested in mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering
- Have full colour vision
- Be aged between 16 and 57
- Embrace the desire to learn in a challenging, fast moving airport environment
- Show good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Recruitment for engineering apprentices has closed for 2017. We will update this page when we’re next accepting applications.